Pages

Tuesday 4 April 2017

Committed yet Carefree

courtesy: vecto.rs

As I dropped off my 5-year-old to school, I looked at her carefree gait with which she trotted to her class. She moved with such gay abandon that brought a smile to my face.

Then I wondered, why am I walking through life as if I am carrying a heavy burden on my head.

Can I not be committed to my goals yet have a carefree nature. (mind you not careless) 

When I am committed, I am generally too focused on the result.
Because I want to win and because I dont want to fail.

Why cant I function with my focus simply on the goal and not on the result?

Even if I fall, I too, just like my daughter, can brush off the dust and stand up again.

By taking out the fear of failure or the burden of achievement, I can live with a carefree spirit and a committed mind.

Arent kids simply wonderful! Even by observing them you learn so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment