Pages

Monday 3 April 2017

BLAME GAME: Are you a Victim of it?



Image courtesy: http://www.christianpost.com/news/dont-lead-your-church-into-the-blame-game-161757/

The other day, I was discussing my personality traits with a colleague. I shared a weakness and announced that my parents, while bringing me up, subconsciously reinforced one lesson a bit too much. So, this weakness is a byproduct of that lesson. To which, my colleague responded that after a certain age and of course after attaining a certain level of maturity, it is important that we take responsibility for who we are. We cant be the lengthened shadows of our parents all our lives.

Suddenly a eureka moment happened: I know I have a weakness. And I am not able to correct it. Not because it cant be corrected but because my mind has very conveniently put me in the blame game mode. The moment I take ownership for anything, I can correct it. But my mind was not letting me accept it as my responsibility. I pushed it on my parents. What a wonderful revelation! How, at times, we let our own mind act as a roadblock to our self-development. 

Are you subconsciously blaming others for bad habits, weaknesses, inhibitions? It’s about time you take ownership.



2 comments:

  1. blaming never solves our problem, it reflects our insecurities
    thanks for sharing :) Bloom up Your Motherhood – What to expect during the First trimester of Pregnancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who ever thinks Blaming someone's going to help neeeds help.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete