Pages

Monday 27 August 2012

Meeting Sara

Truly deep relations happen when we let go of our old  habitual selves and allow nature to take it's course. Same is true of every new friendship we have ever forged in our lives. By becoming open to new experiences with new people from varied backgrounds,we allow ourselves the privilege of experiencing God's vast creation.

Everything above is so garbled, but would be clear once I explain meeting Sara.While crossing the road on a chilly December evening in London I observed my fellow pedestrian was a lady in black flowing garment, covering herself from head to toe pushing a child's buggy. Instinctively I said "Hi ,Can I talk to you?" She seemed unperturbed by such audacious attempt at invading her privacy or I looked harmless or she received some good vibes from me because I feel I meditate daily and hence send out only positive vibes to the universe.Whatever it was, she appeared warm and welcoming. Putting myself in her shoes I can't somehow fathom the same response from my end. My first thought would be a.) she's a stranger, dont talk and move on b.) She might hypnotise me and con me into giving her my valuables c.) she's a salesgirl and might sweet talk me into buying something I don't want d.) all of the above.Well thankfully for me she didnt appear to think that way or at least I would like to think that way. I asked her "Have you heard of The Art of living Course under the aegis of Sri Sri Ravishankar ji?" Had she said no I wouldn't have known how to carry on the conversation. Infact,she asked "Do you know Mr. P from Leicester? He used to organise a couple of yoga sessions of the Art of living and I had the privilege to attend them." I knew Mr. P only virtually because of my openness of spirit in the virtual world as well but let me keep that story for other times. We got talking and I came to the real point cos of which I had started the conversation. I invited her to my house for a Health & Happiness workshop, which is an introduction to The Art of Living Course at my house the next month. She seemed excited about the idea and we exchange numbers and email ids.Now in the first place,what made me speak to a total stranger and invite her over.It was a desperate move.I had been trying to organise this workshop but was not able to get committed individuals ,who would attend. Lesson one learnt here : If you really want something very strongly and are willing to do anything for it,eventually things do happen.Otherwise how else do you think I managed to rope in 8 people for my workshop in a country where i was less than 3 months old.
Anyways,  Sara, couldn't make it to the first workshop but turned up for the next one that I organised within a month.Now this workshop of mine was a great success with more than 20 people attending,but the most impressive part was Sara 's presence or shall I say a muslim woman's prsesence in a hindu congregation signalling to all those who were attending, that the organisation I am representing, is truly secular.I have been in touch with Sara since then and she's truly a divine soul believing strongly in the goodness of people around her. Everytime I speak to her I am reminded of simple things in life like faith in your own instincts which made me open the first conversation with her.God bless Sara Adams !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment