Pages

Friday 14 April 2017

F For Free Flowing Thoughts, My post for #ATOZChallenge

I brought my car to a screeching halt for the signal suddenly turned red. I was once again late for work. As I cursed my luck from my air-conditioned car, I happened to turn sideways and my gaze fell on a lady sitting on the footpath. Next to her, a shabbily dressed 3-year girl was sitting singing to herself. The lady didn’t look like a beggar. She was dressed alright. But the child certainly looked unkempt.

The lady looked like someone who was quite healthy and capable of working and taking good care of the child. She was looking somewhere far. Uninterested in the traffic, uninterested in what the child was doing. She saw the running nose of the child, pulled the child’s dirty frock and cleaned the nose with it. Something that could have easily sent the Dettol team to shame.

I replayed my morning scene in my head. I had amicably washed my 3-year-old, fed her, packed her tiffin, filled her water bottle, placed a change of clothes in her new Zara bag and dropped her to her day-care.

I noticed the stark differences in her and me cos she looked almost the same age as me.
The signal turned green and I was jolted out of my reverie by the blaring horns. The woman, of course, was too lost in her thoughts to notice anything around her.

I had a few takeaways from what I saw:

Value your Blessings: I am capable of earning and meeting my child's needs cos I was privileged to be born to parents who valued education and gave me that. I had done nothing to be born to such parents. I was simply blessed.

Mind: Your mind can take you places. The women looked healthy but indifferent towards everything. From surroundings to her child, she was simply unconcerned. We are all a burden on this earth. A body mass of 60, 70, 80 kilos. To justify this mass, we better use our mind to something meaningful. A mind that is in the present moment. A motivated mind.  A mind with healthy and positive thoughts. Ironically we spend more time fretting over the food we eat than the thoughts we think.

Next generation: This is something I would want every family to read. If you can’t afford to give a good life to a child, don’t bring them on this planet. Period.

Be overly analyzing and judgemental: I am sure my observation of the scenario would be far from the reality. Who knows what she was doing there and why she was there? But as human beings we are so fond of over-analyzing, judging and giving an unsolicited opinion based on our perceptions and past experiences that I ended up writing a whole post here. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment